Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Stressing ~ My Mind Monday


So you may have noticed that I missed a few posts last week...
Let’s just say, the optimism I had on Monday for this year quickly depleted around Tuesday.
I have my days pretty filled up with things to do. There is rarely a moment that passes where something doesn't need to be done. Such is life, right? But then that whole "one thing goes wrong that takes you hours to fix putting you nearly a day behind" thing happens. Except this week, the "hours" got turned into "days" and you can guess it put me a lot more than a day behind. So some things had to be sacrificed, like my blog. Sorry, but I'm (hopefully) back now.

I don't want talk about what all happened for a few reasons (like this post just turning into an angry rant) but the whole episode got me thinking a lot about stress.

It's an evil thing.
It ruins days.
But seriously, think about that. It ruins days. Perfectly good days, ruined. Why? Because you’re stressed. Because one big thing, or several small things, or a combination of the big and small things have went very wrong. We tend to stop thinking here. And we really shouldn't. Now is when we need to pose another question: Why is everything going wrong?

When I remember the real answer to this question, it puts everything back into perspective for me.
So far this month I have had 5 orders. That is an order every other day. That is the best I've done since I started. Well ok, I had a similar spike in September, but I also had a mega slump in December. When I think back, I realize that the times in my life when I was the most stressed were when things were going the best, or were about to get really great.

God blesses us, and the devil tries to bring us down, and since he is really good at what he does, it usually works. We try to overcome him by ourselves, and fail, because we forget who we're fighting against. We see all the things going wrong, and forget who is causing them.

I have a vague memory of someone explaining this fact of life by having us visualize it sort of like a flowchart.
So being the nerdy girly I am, I decided to make it for you.



1 comment:

Daniel Dydek said...

How long after this did you start getting tons of orders? Way to hang in there ^_^