I've got a new emotion, a new setting, and new-ish characters.
Check out Chapter 1 here if you want to stay in the loop.
This week the emotion that the random generator picked was Content.
Enjoy.
Chapter 2
His smile was soft and genuine.
Gwen blushed a little as she found herself staring at it again. She glanced
away, turning her gaze to the passenger window. The sun was covered, and the
buildings were decaying. She sighed at the depressing view, breathing in the
smell of stale coffee. She glanced at the half-full paper cup siting in the cup
holder and then her eyes somehow found their way up to him again, and his smile.
It was small and gentle; it was pure and sincere. She didn’t feel butterflies in
her stomach. She didn’t feel her heart race, or skip a beat. She didn’t feel
the way young women claim love is supposed to feel.
She felt… nice.
His hand, she now noticed, was
hovering over her lap. She laced her fingers around his and gently stroked his
hand with her thumb. Her own small, soft smile grew a little as glanced at
their intertwined hands.
“Did you enjoy the service, baby?”
He asked.
“I did.”
“Did you like it there?”
“I did. The people seemed really
nice there. What was that one girl’s name again? You said you’ve been friends
with her since you started at Pitt.”
“Ellen?”
“Yeah, she seemed nice. She was
very sweet.”
“Yeah, she’s pretty cool.”
Gwen turned her gaze back to his
warm smile. He glanced back at her, and she could tell that there was a slight
disquiet behind his blue eyes.
“Yes.” She replied to the question
that he was too timid to ask.
“You want to continue coming here? You’re
Ok to leave your old church?”
“Yeah. At least for a little while.
I like it there. It just seems really nice.”
1 comment:
HI,
I'm a fellow crafter and I found you from the Bloggers and Readers ETsy team. I'm showing love and following your blog! I have a blog too and I noticed that you have your blog set up the way that I kept trying to set mine up but couldn't. I have sections like Creative Community, Musings, My Journaling adventures and I wanted them to have them as tabs under my header like you have your "my mind monday" etc. Would you mind sharing how you did that? I would be sooo grateful!
You can check my journal out at www.celiodesigns.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment