Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bitter Cold Please Leave


Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas & I love snow. What I don't love, what I rather hate, is the time between fall & the first real snow. I'm not talking about those little frozen rain drops that stick to the grass but make everything else look wet & muddy, I mean real fluffy, sticky, and perfect for a snow ball fight snow.

Unfortunately we usually don't get that type of snow around here until January, if we're lucky. But at least we then get about 10 feet dumped on us over the course of 36 hours at some "unexpected' point in February.
 (That may be an exaggeration)

When it is just cold & wet & the only thing that brings me joy & comfort is knowing Christmas is right around the corner. Nevertheless, the cold weather sucks; especially when you need to walk everywhere because you don't have a care. It is from the many days & nights that I walked to & from school & work when I was teenager that this parody of "Winter Wonderland" was inspired.

Enjoy.

Bitter cold please leave
I don't like to freeze
My nose is all red
I want a warm bed

Walking in an cloudy ice cold land

Barely have any snow
And all this wind has got to go
No leaves on the trees
Miss when grass was green

Walking in an cloudy ice cold land

All the flowers in the fields are dead now
Animals been gone for quite a while
This is why Christmas is in winter
So we'd all still have reason to smile

Temperatures grow dire
As I dream about a fire
And how the sun shines
In summer time

Walking in an cloudy ice cold land

1 comment:

Sweet Fix @ Maria Corcuera said...

Love your poem!!! Actually we're having the first snow right now...!