I’m so in love with the photos at Spackle The Gap. The
owner, KJ, clearly has an eye for beauty in interesting places. I love how she
uses her listings’ descriptions to describe her vision for many of the photos,
and the photo effects perfectly compliment the desired aesthetic feel. Whether
it’s telephone wires or speckled spiders, a stadium or one of the wettest spots
on earth, KJ finds the perfect shot every time. Read on to find out about the woman
behind the shutter and find out how you can win your choice of any of her 8x10
fine art photos!
![]() |
| Click to Buy! |
What do you sell?
Fine art photography and digital art
Describe what embodies your store’s style.
My stores style is a modern twist on classic photography
How did you get into photography?
Photography for me started with my grandfather’s passion for
portrait photography and graphic design.
My grandfather would encourage any artistic desire we had growing
up! He would let us help him piece
together photo albums and scrapbooks as well as paint and draw with my siblings
and I. My father continued to nurture my
desire to create by letting me play with his brand new Cannon SLR when I was
little. He encouraged me to take
pictures of anything and everything. For
my entire life my family made it a priority to teach my siblings and I how
important it was to capture moments in time because the memories that pictures
can bring will last forever. That has
always stayed with me and made me want to create art that would speak to
people, tell stories, and bring back memories.
![]() |
| Click to Buy! |
What do you love the most about photography?
I love when a customer tells me the story of why they are
ordering one of my prints. They will
tell me what the picture means to them and why they want to order it. It feels so good that something that I
created can strike up a memory or mean so much to someone who is halfway around
the world.
If you had to pick one thing in your shop right now, what
would you say is your favorite item & why?
My favorite item in my shop right now is the palm trees withthe moon behind it. That picture was
taken the night before my wedding on the beach I was married on so it has
sentimental value. :)
![]() |
| Click to Buy! |
What are your top 5 favorite Etsy stores?
Her art work is so modern and beautiful and she has
something for EVERYONE!
These are seriously the best smelling candles I have ever
smelled, hands down.
I love including these little thank you cards in with my
sold orders SO CUTE!!
Adorable handbags ...
practical and cute
This sugar scrub smells so good I want to eat it!
It's Giveaway Time!
All you need to do is visit Spackle The Gap, check out her
awesome photos then come back here and tell me your favorite in the comments!
I will then use Random.org to pick the winning comment. On
December 29th 2011 I will write a post announcing the winner. Only
one comment per username will be entered in the drawing.



12 comments:
Very interesting and beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.
My favorite item in her shop is the yellow Gerber daisy print. I am a flower child by nature, that and butterflies.
I liked her FB page and MY favorite is the Sunset Photo
gayathri.lakmini@gmail.com
My favorite is the Baby Elephant fine art photo matted - selective color - 8 x 10 - Pittsburgh zoo
I love the Ocean sunset fine art print matted 8x10 Paradise in Hawaii.
Bickham.julie@gmail.com
I love the Black bird fine art photo (bird flying from tree branches)
sassysasha817 at gmail dot com
I like the Greeting card kissing birds sunset.
katja9_10 at hotmail dot com
Elephant fine Art photo matted - 8x10
contactlillea at gmail dot com
Love the amusement park fine art photo
abile27 at yahoo dot com
I really like the Waterfall fine art photo matted - 8 x 10 - Pittsburgh!
I like her page on facebook (same name)
megnate at telus dot net
I like the Amusement Park Fine Art photography - selective color - 8x10 & matted - Kennywood Park Pittsburgh
My fave is Digital art photo palm trees in Hawaii - matted - 8 x 10 - Hawaii moon
definitely I'd get that one!
Post a Comment