Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Writing Wednesday ~ Silver Bells Parody


So I happened to recently move into one of those towns. The type where nearly every house is covered in 20 strands of lights. But hey.. it's pretty!

Actually it is really pretty. I want to show you all some of the beautiful displays around here but I'm guessing my neighbors really won't appreciate me taking pictures of their homes to post on the internet. 

So since I can't show you, I thought I would tell. In song, of course! This just sort of came to me when I was driving through town with my fiance one day. It is a parody of the beloved Christmas song "Silver Bells."

I hope it amuses you.


Here's the karaoke version of the song if you wish to sing along ^_^
And below the lyrics is some beautiful art work by some lovely Etsians. Just click the pic to purchase!


Every house here
In Christmas cheer
Is competing to say
That their light display is more impressive

Around windows
There’s a bright glow
And each roof has a frame
That would make any passerby sing

Pretty lights
Pretty lights
It’s Christmas time in the suburbs
Twinkling
Sparkling
It’s Christmas time on my street

Trees wrapped in lights
Trees made of lights
And large Nativities
Fill every home’s snow covered front yard

Perhaps extreme
All of these gleams
No this festivity
Will not be worth their electric bill

But there such…

Pretty lights
Pretty lights
It’s Christmas time in the suburbs
Twinkling
Sparkling
It’s Christmas time on my street


Click to Buy!
Click to Buy!
Click to Buy!


No comments: